9:45am-1:00pm or 11:30am-3:00pm
or Custom Charter upon request (Fall/Winter/Spring)
Morning departure timeline:
- 9:45am: Clients meet AP guide in Girdwood at the LOBBY of Alyeska Hotel
- 10:30am: Heli departs from Alyeska Helicopter Pad
- 10:30am – 10:50am: flight from Girdwood to Spencer Glacier
- 10:50am - 12:35pm: on Spencer Glacier
- 12:35pm: Heli p/u from Spencer Glacier
- 12:35pm – 12:55pm: flight from Spencer Glacier to Girdwood
- 1:00pm: back to Hotel Alyeska in Girdwood
Afternoon departure timeline:
- 11:30am: Clients meet AP guide in Girdwood at the LOBBY of Alyeska Hotel
- 12:15pm: Heli departs from Alyeska Helicopter Pad
- 12:15pm – 12:35pm: flight from Girdwood to Glacier
- 12:35pm - 2:30pm: on Glacier
- 2:30pm: Heli p/u from Glacier
- 2:30pm–3:00pm: flight from Glacier to Girdwood
- 3:00pm: back to Hotel Alyeska in Girdwood
50 miles of flying! Less than 1 mile walking on Ice
No experience is necessary. This trip should be considered an "easy to moderate activity". We recommend that you are capable of a few hours of moderate
exercise each day.
- Ages: 13-70
- Seat weight limit is 250lbs per passenger
- Trips are weather dependent
- At least 2 hours spent on the glacier
- If you are a party of 2, we need to add a 3rd paying client (or you pay for a 3rd seat) Parties of 4 must pay for a 5th seat.
- Trips start and finish at the LOBBY of the Hotel Alyeska in Girdwood.
- Boxed Lunch contains: Turkey or Vegetarian sandwich, chips, cookie, fruit and water
- All guests are required to fill out our online Adventure Application and Waiver when booking
- After reserving your spot- you can easily login to our reservation system and make any changes or Add-Ons
Add on the ice climbing option to learn some vertical skills.
Call us to ask about overnight options. Sleep on a Glacier!
- Gratuities for your super cool pilot and guide
WHEN SHOULD I BOOK THIS SUPER POPULAR TRIP?
Due to high demand and limited space available we recommend reservations be made several months in advance. Only senior guides operate this trip, and their
schedules fill-up fast in the summer.
Cotton clothes are not recommended.
Wear comfortable warm synthetic clothes dressing in layers (long sleeved shirt, long pants, fleece jacket, rain jacket, rain pants, gloves, wool/fleece hat, sunglasses, ball cap) hiking boots or trail shoes with a rugged sole. Bring a small backpack, camera and binoculars. For specific advice on what to wear, read our Be Prepared Document.
ARE THERE WEIGHT LIMITATIONS FOR THE HELICOPTER?
Seat weight limit is 250lbs per passenger for the R44. If you weigh more than 250lbs please inquire for pricing about alternative types of aircraft, for
example, the R66 or A-STAR.
DO YOU MAKE EXCEPTIONS?
On a case-by-case basis we consider exceptions; usually we recommend buying out a trip as a private with your own guide. This is only available with advanced
reservations and as space and staffing is available. Please email or call to make your request, we are more than happy to think of solutions- just
to make it happen for you.
WHAT IF THE WEATHER is Terrible?
Its rare for us to cancel for weather. Guides and pilots are weather experts, but Alaska mountain weather is notoriously fickle. We check real-time radar
and satellite imagery morning of and do our best to select a location that has reliable weather for the day and interesting features. If your trip
is put on weather-hold by the pilot or guide, we will await a window later in the day or reschedule as your time allows. If the trip doesn't go, and
you can't reschedule, our standard refund is given minus credit card fees. We highly recommend travel insurance for this tour.
IS IT WORTH IT?
Yes... just read our Trip Advisor Reviews! Tours include top of the line glacier gear, world-class glacier guide, round trip helicopter transportation
from the Hotel Alyeska, small ratios, and interpretive natural history, ecology and glaciology discussions. A catered deli boxed lunch, snack and water
is provided. Guests visiting Spencer Glacier come away with better respect and knowledge about glaciers, icebergs and history of Alaska, not to mention
If you have questions about the physical requirements of this trip, please read our Essential Eligibility Criteria on our FAQ's page, email or call us and we would be happy to talk with you and determine if this trip matches your abilities.