HELICOPTER GLACIER HIKING TOUR
Featuring epic flightseeing, glacier landing and guided hiking, this helicopter glacier hiking tour is the trip of a lifetime!
Your heli glacier hiking tour starts from the magnificent Hotel Alyeska in Girdwood, or the Girdwood Train Depot if coming from Anchorage by the Alaska Railroad. After a safety briefing, we hot-load for a memorable scenic flight of about 10-20 minutes one way. Everyone has a window seat!
Enjoy a Guided Hike on an Alaska Glacier
After landing on glacier ice, your skilled and experienced glacier guide will outfit everyone with helmets and crampons, then provide a safety talk with crampon practice, before exploring the glacier ice itself. We typically have 2 to 3 hours (on average) to discover amazing ice features like: blue ice tubes, crevasses, caves, rushing surface rivers, moulins, blue pools and more! If you are ready for an adventure, this heli glacier day tour from Anchorage or Girdwood provides an unforgettable experience.
THIS DAY TOUR INCLUDES:
- Round trip helicopter flight from Girdwood or Portage to Spencer or Lake George Glacier
- World-class mountain/glacier guide
- Small ratios (max: 5:1)
- Real time satellite tracking and communication devices
- Deli boxed lunch, water, granola bars/snacks
- Crampons, helmets, other glacier gear and rain gear, if needed
- Interpretative glaciology, ecology and natural history discussions