EPIC TOUR: Train // Iceberg Kayak // Helicopter // Ice Trek
Ride Alaska Railroad to Spencer Whistlestop, Kayak with Icebergs, and Hike on a glacier via helicopter. Trek on the ice for 2 hours (on average) with a glacier guide and fly off with another helicopter flight back to Portage/Girdwood. Epic!
No previous glacier experience is necessary. Your guide will teach you how to walk in crampons and paddle a tandem kayak. However, this is a moderate to strenuous activity, so please be prepared for a full day of activity in most weather conditions.
THIS DAY TOUR INCLUDES:
- Alaska Railroad ride to Spencer Glacier
- Iceberg kayaking
- 2 helicopter Flights
- Glacier hike on blue ice
- World-class kayaking and glacier guide
- Crampons, helmets, other glacier gear and rain gear, if needed
- Small ratios (max: 6:1)
- Real time satellite tracking and communication devices
- Deli boxed lunch, bottled waters, granola bars/snacks
- Interpretative glaciology, ecology and natural history discussions