EPIC TOUR: Train // Iceberg Kayak // Helicopter // Ice Trek
Ride Alaska Railroad to Spencer Whistlestop, kayak with iceberg giants, and hike to the toe of the glacier. Hop in a helicopter for a short flight up glacier. Trek on the ice for 2+ hours (on average) with a glacier guide and fly off with another helicopter flight back to Portage/Girdwood. EPIC!
No previous glacier experience is necessary. Your guide will teach you how to paddle a tandem kayak and walk in crampons. However, this is a moderate to strenuous activity, so please be prepared for a full day of activity in most weather conditions.
THIS DAY TOUR INCLUDES:
- Alaska Railroad ride to Spencer Glacier
- Iceberg kayaking tour and hike to the face of the glacier
- 2 helicopter Flights
- Glacier hike on blue ice (Or, upgrade to include Ice Climbing for an extra $75 per person.)
- World-class kayaking and glacier guide
- All kayaking gear, all glacier gear and extra rain gear
- Small ratios (max: 5:1)
- Real time satellite tracking and communication devices
- Deli boxed lunch, bottled waters, granola bars/snacks
- Interpretative glaciology, ecology and natural history discussions