EPIC TOUR: Train // Iceberg Kayak // Helicopter // Ice Trek
Ride Alaska Railroad to Spencer Whistlestop, Kayak with Icebergs and Hike to the toe of the glacier. Hop in a heli for a short flight up glacier. Trek from our basecamp on the ice for 2 hours with a glacier guide and fly off with another helicopter flight back to Portage/Girdwood. Epic!
This trip does everything from our extremely popular Spencer Glacier Hike by Kayak, plus adds two helicopter flights.
No previous glacier experience is necessary. Your guide will teach you how to walk in crampons and paddle a cold water kayak. However, this is a moderate to strenuous activity, so please be prepared for a full day of activity in most weather conditions.
THIS DAY TOUR INCLUDES:
- Alaska Railroad ride to Spencer Glacier
- Iceberg kayaking
- 2 helicopter Flights
- Glacier hike on blue ice
- World-class kayaking and glacier guide
- Crampons, helmets, other glacier gear and rain gear, if needed
- Small ratios (max: 6:1)
- Real time satellite tracking and communication devices
- Deli boxed lunch, bottled waters, granola bars/snacks
- Interpretative glaciology, ecology and natural history discussions