ULTIMATE GLACIER OVERNIGHT CAMPING ADVENTURE
The Ultimate Overnight Adventure includes AP’s Spencer Glacier Kayak tour by train with an added Helicopter flight to overnight camping on Spencer Glacier… and then another helicopter ride back to Alyeska Hotel the next day.
On this glacier “glamping” experience you will ride the train, paddle past ancient ice, hike the face of the glacier, then fly up and camp on the glacier with a professional glacier and kayak guide. Peer deep into crevasses, find ice caves and learn how glaciers are formed. Glacier exploration is by Alaska Railroad, then sea kayak across Spencer lake amidst icebergs. This trip ticks off a lot of Alaskan adventures on the bucket list in 24 hours. Nowhere else in the world can you: ride a train, sea kayak, explore ice, sleep and dine on a glacier as well as experience 2 scenic helicopter flights all in two days!
Since you will be staying the night on the glacier, you will have extra time to explore the ice, take photos or longer time to paddle your kayaks at your pace. You will enjoy dining on the glacier during the midnight sun with panoramic glacier, mountain and lake views eating a memorable locally sourced Alaskan salmon dinner. Your sleeping arrangements will be in a comfy North Face 2 Meter Dome or Space Station tent on the glacier with cots, pillows and sleeping bags. The next morning will include a hot breakfast, more exploration, lunch and a helicopter pickup at 2pm for the flight back to Portage or Hotel Alyeska.
THIS 2 DAY LUXURY TOUR INCLUDES:
- Train ticket to Spencer Whistle Stop
- Shuttle at Spencer Whistle Stop to Spencer Lake
- Paddling instruction and briefings
- All paddling gear: Necky Looksha Tandem sea kayaks, spray skirts, PFD’s, gloves, rain jacket and pants, dry bags, kayak safety equipment
- Scenic helicopter flights onto and off the Spencer Glacier
- All glacier hiking gear: crampons, helmets, glacier safety equipment
- All glacier camping gear: 2 Meter Dome, Space Station tent, cots, pillows, sleeping bags, toilet tent.
- Catered deli boxed lunch, bottled waters, granola bars and snacks
- Catered Crab Legs dinner and dessert on the glacier
- Hot breakfast and Lunch on the glacier
- Small Ratios (min: 2:2 max: 6:2/client:guide)
- Guides pace the trip and total mileage to the groups’ fitness level, interests and ice/water conditions
- Bear Protection and satellite tracking and communication devices
- Interpretative glaciology, ecology and natural history discussions
- Ice Cave access and exploration if conditions allow
- Ice Climbing upgrade: includes ice axes, hardware, ropes, mountaineering boots and other glacier safety equipment